Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) application form is out! The Federal Road Safety Corps is a legal agency created by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The main purpose of the agency is to direct and regulate traffic and penalize offending road users.
The FRSC started accepting recruitment applications to help the unemployment situation in Nigeria by creating jobs for unemployed Nigerian youths. And ultimately boost the country’s economy while promoting the standard of living of the citizens.
In this article, you will find answers to the frequently asked questions about the FRSC recruitment and application process.
And also find information about the recruitment processes; the general requirements, qualifications – and including how you can successfully complete the online form on the portal for the 2020/2021 batch.
Brief Description of FRSC
The Federal Road Safety Commission was founded by the Federal government of Nigeria in 1988 with the major responsibility of controlling and directing traffic on all highways in the country.
This means that the FRSC is a paramilitary agency that exists to regulate traffic on all major highways. FRSC has the constitutional authority to arrest and punish traffic offenders.
Main Responsibilities of FRSC
Having shown interest in applying to join the FRSC, here are a few responsibilities of the commission that you should know.
- Preventing or minimizing accidents on the highway;
- Clearing obstructions on any part of the highways;
- Educating drivers, motorists and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highways;
- Designing and issuing a driver’s license;
- Determining the requirements to be satisfied by an applicant before issuing a driver’s license;
- Producing and issuing number plates for vehicles;
- Regulation and standardization of highway traffic codes;
- Giving prompt attention and care to victims of accidents
- Conducting researches into causes of motor accidents and methods of preventing them and putting into use the result of such researches;
- Determining and enforcing speed limits for all categories of roads and vehicles and controlling the use of speed limiting devices;
As an interested applicant, you should know the general requirements of the FRSC. This is to make sure that you are qualified before going ahead to apply. Here are the general requirements of the commission.
- Must be Nigerian by birth
- Must not be less than 18 years or more than 30 years old in 2020 (35 years will be considered for medical doctors)
- Must not be married
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres for male and 1.63 metres for female in height
- Must have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres for men only
- Must be physically and mentally fit for paramilitary activities
- Must produce a certificate of medical fitness from any government hospital
- Must be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Must be of upright character
- Must have never been convicted of any criminal offence
All interested applicants must also note that:
- Computer literacy and possession of valid drivers’ license is an added advantage
- Any certificate or qualification not declared at the time recruitment process will no longer be accepted for promotion in the commission
- Anyone found to have submitted false document would be disqualified and prosecuted
- Double entries would be disqualified
- All shortlisted applicants would be required to take a computer-based examination to be conducted by JAMB
- All shortlisted applicants would also be required to undergo drug test with the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA)
- All shortlisted applicants are expected to come along with a print out of their forms. They should also come with the acknowledgement
- You will not be charged a fee for this exercise
Vacant Positions and Requirements
These positions are the mostly vacant ones that receive more applications. There are four main categories known as RMA Cadre, MI Cadre, Officer Cadre, and Officer (MBBS) Cadre.
- Road Marshal Assistant II: Applicants must have an SSCE, with credits in English Language and Mathematics
- Road Marshal Assistant III: Applicants must have an SSCE, with three credits including the English Language.
- Artisans: This is for those interested in the posts of Tailors, Plumbers, Electricians, Mechanics, Motorcycle Riders and so on. Applicants must have: a minimum of 4 passes in SSCE; Trade Test and/or other professional certificates; Drivers and Riders must have the appropriate class of Driver’s License
- Marshal Inspector I: Candidates must have an HND in relevant fields; NYSC Discharge Certificate; Statement of Result not beyond 5 years.
- Marshal Inspector II: Candidates must have OND in relevant fields; National Diploma in Community Health Extension Work; Statement of Result not beyond 5 years.
- Officer cadre: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields: Law, Medicine, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Laboratory Science, Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Mass Communication, Social Sciences and Humanities. Also, must have an NYSC discharge certificate.
Officer (MBBS) Cadre
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine; must also have an NYSC discharge certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for the FRSC recruitment process?
All applications are done online. You should follow these steps to apply.
Log on to their official website www.frsc.gov.ng
Fill the application form online through this site https://recruitment.frsc.gov.ng
When you are through, submit the form online
Print out the referee forms
Make sure they are completely filled before the screening
Submit them during the screening
Note: Multiple applications will automatically be disqualified. Remember that application is totally free.
When will the registration close?
The FRSC recruitment process usually lasts for a period of six weeks. So, if you are interested, follow the link below and apply before the deadline date.