FIRS Recruitment 2021 application form that you’ve been waiting for is finally out!
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has begun its recruitment process for the year 2021. And all applicants can now apply via its official careers portal.
If you have looked forward to FIRS to roll out recruitment in 2020, we’ve good news for you. And this page will guide you on how you can successfully complete your online application form for the various positions advertised.
Not only that…
You’ll also get updates about other job openings for graduates and non-graduate – both the federal government and private sectors in Nigeria.
Because a lot of questions have been asked concerning the Federal Inland Revenue Services Recruitment 2020, we’ve decided to update you with the most relevant information. And this page will provide answers to those questions such as:
- When is FIRS Recruiting Starting for 2021?
- How to apply for FIRS Graduate Recruitment 2021?
- Has FIRS Started Recruitment for 2021?
- FIRS Official Recruitment Portal 2021?
- FIRS Recruitment Guide and Requirement 2021?
- When is FIRS 2021 Recruitment Deadline?
Federal Inland Revenue Service is a federal government agency established to generate revenues for the government by imposing a
compulsory levy (tax) on the income of individuals, corporate bodies and government agencies for the financing of government expenditures.
The FIRS as part of the agencies also regularly roll out recruitment, and this recruitment strategy is aimed at reducing the unemployment rate in the country. And also to expand its capabilities and strengthen its workforce.
FIRS Job Descriptions
- Generate, assess and examine tax returns
- Enforce Tax Laws.
- Regulation of tax laws and Information circulars.
- Assessment of companies, individual business (sole proprietorship), partnerships, real estates and properties.
- Conducting enquiries into the financial affairs of small and big companies.
- Charge companies or individuals who refuse to obey the tax laws to court.
FIRS Recruitment Roles And Responsibilities
Your roles and responsibilities in the FIRS included but not limited to the following:
- You must possess strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, externally and internally.
- Any applicant must have the financial knowledge and be able to analyse and interpret business data.
- Understanding of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- Forecast growth and new revenue streams for the government.
- Understanding tax laws.
- Able to work under little supervision, meet up with challenging targets and deadlines.
Note: A relevant professional membership institution is a huge advantage for any applicant.
Updated! Currently, FIRS is not recruiting at the moment. We’ll update this page once the application form is out!
FIRS Qualifications Requirements
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field.
- Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field.
- Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Teamwork spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and their applications.
- understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates.
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate.
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws.
How To Apply For The FIRS Recruitment 2021 Application Form
To apply for the ongoing FIRS recruitment, visit the official FIRS portal for careers and recruitment related information at https://www.firs.gov.ng/Career
Click on any of the following links to Apply for other federal government Recruitment agencies that’s currently ongoing:
Latest Vacancies at Federal Government Agencies
Deadline of the FIRS Recruitment for 2021/2022
The deadline is not usually stated. But to be on the safe side, it is advisable to apply as soon as the application form is out
Is the Application Form Free?
The application form for the FIRS recruitment is free.
Can I Pay Someone To Register for Me?
Don’t pay money to anyone posing as a recruitment agent of the FIRS. As a matter of fact, disregard any information that is not directly from the official portal of the FIRS. Don’t forget that this page is simply a guide on the application process as we do not charge money for this guide.
Is the Application Form For The FIRS Recruitment for 2021/2022 Out?
The application form is not yet out. This page will be updated with the form as soon as it is out. So, keep refreshing this page to stay abreast of all the relevant information.