The Federal Government of Nigeria in a bid to reduce the unemployment rate in the country and alleviate poverty created N-Power as a means to empowering the youths.
This initiative has seen youths engaged and contributing to the nation’s economic development.
As a fresh graduate, the N-Power serves as a legitimate way to earn income, boost the source of livelihood while pursuing your professional career.
And so, to apply on the recruitment portal, you must be a young citizen of Nigeria and a fresh graduate from any tertiary institution within or outside the country.
The objective of this Npower programme is to diversify Nigeria’s growing economy. And to create opportunities for everyone regardless of their educational background through skills acquisitions and development.
And to capture all sectors of the growing economy, the N-Power program has been categorized into the following:
- N-power Agro
- N-power Tax
- N-power Build
- N-power creative
- N-power health
- N-power teach
- N-power Tech Hardware
- N-power Tech Software
N-power recognises any post-tertiary qualification, which includes the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE).
Updated: Npower Nexit Portal now open to Npower beneficiaries.
NSCDC shortlisted candidates 2020 is out!
Nigeria Immigration Service Shortlisted candidates 2020 is out!
N-power General Requirements
Here is the basic information you need to know before you can apply for N-Power:
- You must be a Nigerian and between the age of 18 and 35.
- You must have passed the relevant tests
- Have a genuine interest in preferred area or field.
- Ability to think outside the box and push yourself beyond the comfort zone.
- And a pre-existing flair for the skills you are interested in acquiring and developing.
N-power Recruitment Online Registration
N-power programme has been of huge benefits to many Nigerian youths who have tapped into its diverse opportunities.
And this article provides you with all the necessary information you need to successfully apply on the N-power application portal.
Currently, the portal is open for young Nigerians who want to register for the Npower recruitment 2020 and you can apply by following the official websites at:
General Criteria for N-power Application
Before you can apply for any category under N-Power program, you need to prepare the following documents:
- A printout or accurate details of your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Your recent passport photograph (1MB) either JPEG or PNG files.
- Valid Contact – Email address or a working phone number
- Your Degree Certificate and NYSC certificate. This is if you are a graduate and desire to apply for N-Teach or N-Health
But before you start applying, make sure you read the terms and conditions on the portal. And also ensure that any information you’ll be providing is correct…as any false information may lead to disqualification.
Now, let’s go through the categories that are under the N-Power:
1. N-Power Agro
Like I said earlier, N-Power Agro is a category under the government-based programme. This category is basically for youths interested in the agricultural business. So, candidates opting for this category will develop to become agricultural extension officers, farm developers and even farmers.
And you’re expected to fill job positions in the agricultural public sector such as communications officer, research associates, ICT Specialist, business analyst, accounts and admin assistant and so on.
Below are the criteria you’ll need to complete the N-Power Agro online application:
- Bachelor’s degree
- HND or OND in Nutrition, Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Agronomy, Animal Science, Crop Science, Food Science and Technology, and other agro related disciplines.
Candidates will be made to undergo a training process for 6months before deployment.
2. N-power Tax
This is another category under the Npower programme. Its main purpose is to create tax-compliant citizens out of non-compliant taxpayers.
Here, you’ll be taught the necessary skills to compel and encourage citizens to pay up their tax dues to the government. And also work with the tax authorities – as community tax liaison officers within your state of residence.
To be eligible…
- You must be currently unemployed.
- You must be a graduate
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Economics, Law, Finance, Psychology and other allied disciplines in the Social Sciences
- Tax Assessor/collector
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Auditor
- Legal and Compliance Manager
3 N-Power Build
This category is for young people interested in building a career in fields such as automobile, bricklaying, electrical, welding, carpentry, plumbing, Agric tech and so on. Candidates in this group are trained in becoming competent technicians and service professionals.
The major Sub-Categories are:
- Building Services: Participants here are taught the pros and cons of building services such as lighting, fire safety, detection and protection, ventilation, drainage and plumbing and so on.
- Construction: Here, skills such as carpentry, building construction, electrical appliances and so on are taught to candidates.
- Electrical Installation: Skills acquired in this field can be applied to building constructions and electrical work stations
- Masonry and Tilling: Here, candidates will learn the expert skills of masonry and tilling. It should be known that these skill sets are one of the most sought after. This is because of constant building construction and development.
- Must be currently unemployed
- No degree or diploma needed
- Candidate must have flair for fixing, building, and creating things
- Building/construction project management
- Furniture making and design
- Electrical maintenance and repairs services
- Building and construction services
4. N-power Creative
This category is for young creative talents. Certificates are issued in the following courses:
- Graphic design
5. N-Power Health
This is for those interested in having a career in the health sector. The potential job opportunities include:
- Health Educations Specialist
- Public Relations Manager
- Health Promotion Coordinator
- Health Service Manager
- Social Worker and Counsellor
General Requirements for N-Power Health
- Health Education
- Pharmacy Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Environmental Health Technology
- Medical Records
Training is for 2 years after which the participants will be deployed.
6. N-Power Teach
Volunteer under this category will help develop and contribute to the basic education delivery in Nigeria. and they’ll be deployed to primary schools across the nation to teach pupils.
This category is open to graduates only and duration is 12months.
Steps To Applying For The 2020/2021 Session
Note: While the portal is open to all, only graduates are allowed to access the Npower Teach and Npower Health
Step 1: Signing up
Simply start by logging on the Npower portal.
Fill your valid contact information (Email or Phone number)
Step 2: Email Verification
You will be asked to verify your email address
Step 3: Identity Verification
Once you verified, proceed to type in your 11-digit BVN (Bank Verification Number)
Step 4: Biodata and Contact Page
Provide correct information about yourself including your contact details. Any false information may lead to disqualification.
Step 5: Education and Program
Here you’ll have to indicate if you have received education or not. and also choose the best program in line with your discipline.
Step 6: Employment and other Details page
Provide the details of your employment history and upload your Government issued Identity Card. The acceptable Government IDs are:
- International Passport
- National ID Card issued by NIMC
- Valid Driver’s License
- Permanent Voter’s Card
Step 4: Review and Submit
Finally, review all the information you have submitted and then click on submit.
Once you submit, you will receive a unique ID number. Make sure to wite it down and keep it safe.