Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Niger
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Location: Jebba, Niger State Ref No: BTJ00001
Location: Kainji, Niger Job code: BTK00001
- Reporting to the Head of unit, the biomedical technician installs, repairs and services the equipment medical professionals depend upon for patient care, such as ventilators and cardiac monitors. Provide technical knowledge and the ability to test, repair and maintain medical devices. Equipment includes electronic test equipment and various types of medical equipment.
- The Incumbent duties will include ensuring minimum equipment breakdown, monitoring repair services of medical equipment.
- The duties also include installing, adjusting and maintaining biomedical equipment, evaluating safety and effectiveness of machines, and also train personnel on use of biomedical equipment. Repairs, calibrates, and maintains medical equipment and instrumentation used in health-care delivery field, Perform scheduled maintenance inspections and performance assurance inspections on equipment to ensure safe and effective operating conditions
- Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment’s
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment’s
- Acquires or builds the tools necessary to design, build and maintain biomedical signal processing systems.
- Safety-tests medical equipment and health-care facility’s structural environment to ensure patient and staff safety from electrical or mechanical hazards.
- Train personnel on the proper use of biomedical equipment.
- To ensure minimum equipment breakdown for smooth hospital operations.
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly report preparation & submission.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions with accuracy and precision.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory; anticipating needs; managing orders
- Cost control by root cause analysis of Breakdowns to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for preparation of effective preventative and predictive maintenance programme and ensuring that it is carried out in totality.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, relevant certifications in bio-medical engineering
- 2-5 years of managerial experience overseeing a diverse multispecialty hospital
- Knowledge of biomedical engineering processes.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes of biomedical equipment, ability to independently troubleshoot biomedical systems.
- Employee will be required to do heavy lifting of 22kg and more, as well as standing for long periods of time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.