Send this job to a friend
Did you notice an error or suspect this job is scam? Tell us.
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option fo…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Department: Operations – Operational Excellence
- The Jumia Mall Country COO will be responsible for leading the Customer Experience, Vendor Experience & customer service teams for improved efficiency in the country.
- Ensuring timely execution of the centrally defined improvements/routines, participating to their refinement through the collection of detailed customer/vendor feedbacks, and leading in-country related specific projects to reach those objectives
- Customer Experience being defined by all elements impacting the satisfaction of a customer navigating or buying on Jumia online experience, delivery experience, product experience, customer service experience, aftersales (returns / warranties) experience.
- Vendor Experience being defined by all elements impacting the satisfaction of a vendor selling on Jumia: online experience, operational experience, payment/finance experience.
- Customer & Vendor Experience improvements are the core of Jumia’s strategic objectives, the Jumia Mall Country COO will benefit strong support from the Country CEO.
- The Jumia Mall Country COO challenges are described as below: • Management: Managing the functions of the following teams such as:
- Customer experience
- Vendor experience
- Customer Service
- IT local resources
- Leading recruitment when necessary.
- Leadership: Interacting with other central & local teams (logistics & warehousing, IT, commercial, vendor management, marketing) to explain the forecasted projects & get support, as many of the Ops projects are transversal.
- Projects/routines definition & execution
- Understanding the central improvement projects and ensuring their sharp and timely local execution
- Ensuring strict execution of the centrally defined routines
- Developing Customer & Vendor Experience awareness across the country’s different services, through training & communication centralising all actions.
- Gather detailed feedback from customers & vendor
- Feed central team with feedback synthesis and the related necessary improvements
- Lead and implement necessary improvements at a local level.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA in any field from a recognised and accredited University.
- 8-10 years work experience and at least 5-6 years’ work experience at a senior operations management level.
- Deep knowledge of customer/vendor Experience best practices in e-commerce or retail industry
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Problem solving and quick decision-making ability.
- Proven experience in target setting and ability to efficiently manage multifunctional team
- Ability to get Hands on with the team & results oriented • Well organized and excellent communication skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment.
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Method of Application
- Anonymously review your previous or current employer Drop a review
Never miss a job with our real-time & personalized push notification
Subscribe to Job Alert
Join over 367K happy subscribers