Send this job to a friend
Did you notice an error or suspect this job is scam? Tell us.
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
We are a professional outfit that offers a wide spectrum of strategic Human Resource Services; particularly – Innovative Staffing Solutions, Potent L&D Interventions and Flexible Outsourcing to both big and small organizations across different business sectors.
Driven by a team of exceptional and immensely talented consultants with rich industrial exp…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a reputable operator in the financial services sector with focus on consumer lending and with strong and well established international affiliations, is looking to engage a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to drive the company’s objectives and oversee its Nigerian operations.
The COO, a key member of the senior management team will be saddled with the responsibility to oversee the systems, processes and people necessary to underpin the business operations and deliver to the forecast revenue, expense budgets and timing as well be responsible for all client service, operations, projects and digital platforms. He will be responsible for ensuring the business delivers on its promises to clients and to the expectations of the board.
Career: Expert Level
Reports to: Board of Directors.
- Monitoring and supervising bank wide operational processes.
- Directing the company in keeping with the vision outlined for the company by the Board of Directors.
- Carrying out research on new technologies and ensures 90% uptime on current E channels portals.
- Partnering with high-level officers to grow the company, strengthen it and ensure its sustainability.
- Implementing of Key Projects within stipulated time frame.
- Designing, planning and implementing business strategies.
- Re- engineering processes to improve service delivery.
- Ensuring customer experience both internally and externally are in line with service standards.
- Representing the company as required, including attendance of important functions, industry events and public meetings.
- Working closely with the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) to prepare annual budgets, complete risk analysis on potential investments, and advise the Board of Directors with regard to investment risk and return.
- Working closely with Human Resources (HR) regarding hiring practices, payroll and benefit disbursement.
- Overseeing quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with division managers.
- Establishing policies and procedures that promote the bank’s culture and vision.
- Analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Creating reports for the management.
- Taking the lead in expansion activities.
- Maintaining relationships with partners and vendors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- First degree or its equivalent, preferably in a numeric discipline e.g. Accounting, Economics, Finance or in a related field.
- A post-graduate degree or its equivalent in any discipline. An MBA or any other related professional qualification is required.
- Relevant professional qualifications/affiliations such as ICAN, CIBN, CFA, ACIB etc.
- A minimum of 10 years diverse experience (i.e. banking, insurance, microfinance, etc.) with 5 years in senior management positions.
- Prior microfinance experience is desirable.
- Senior level exposure in the financial services industry.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, consistently adhering to deadlines and evolving priorities.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be an excellent team player.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word Format) to: [email protected] using Chief Operating Officer as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.
- Apply Now
- Anonymously review your previous or current employer Drop a review
Subscribe to Job Alert
Join over 367K happy subscribers