Send this job to a friend
Did you notice an error or suspect this job is scam? Tell us.
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Synapse Services is the largest provider of Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. We provide patient centred care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and Internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Servic…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 – 6 years
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Consultancy  , Medical / Healthcare
We are about starting a New Service in Port Harcourt called The Synapse Japonica and seek suitable candidates to join the team in the following positions:
Location: Synapse Japonica in Port Harcourt
Employment Type: Part-time/ Full-time
Reporting to: Medical Director or designated Clinical Director
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment, Diagnosis and treatment: Responsible for patient assessment prior to admission, in patient care, discharge planning and aftercare
- Construct an accurate summary of patient’s needs, strengths, and a comprehensive individualized risk assessment that contributes to care planning.
- Collaborate with Medical Director in taking overall clinical responsibility for monitoring client treatment
- To communicate effectively through regular contact with patients, relatives and any other concerned bodies
- Running family sessions in line with the patients’ treatment plan and when the need arises
- To contribute to other departments in the organization – Business development, Administration and Management.
- Provide Clinical leadership in interaction, planning and collaboration with multidisciplinary team comprising of Psychiatric Nurses, Support Workers, and Clinical Psychologists in delivering a comprehensive high quality service.
- Manage partnerships and run a scheduled clinic in our partner hospitals
- Clinical support, coordination and consultancy for sister services.
- Organize and supervise weekly clinical meetings
- Play an active role in our sister charity organization, Reconnect Health Development Initiative
- Professional Supervision of clinicians working in the extended service model
- Take a lead role in developing mental health services
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Applicant must have a degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Must have a Post Graduate fellowship in Psychiatry
- Must have 4-6 years of experience in mental health service provision
- Ability to synthesize medical and psychiatric data and formulate effective and evidence based clinical recommendation
- Should have a comprehensive understanding of mental illness, signs and symptoms, side effects, psychotropic medication and contemporary treatment models.
- Applicant must be a registered member of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and should still own a valid practicing license
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting Application
- Good communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
The subject of the email should be the job title- location e.g “Consultant Psychiatrist- Port-Harcourt” failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification
- Apply Now
- Anonymously review your previous or current employer Drop a review
Never miss a job with our real-time & personalized push notification
Subscribe to Job Alert
Join over 367K happy subscribers