The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of tropical countries. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
We use the R4D model in setting a research course that addresses major development problems in Africa rather than simply contributing to scientific knowledge. It has proven to be an effective mechanism for agricultural research development. We and our partners have delivered about 70% of the international research impact in sun-Saharan Africa in the last three decades.
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- Drive YIIFSAW-II Project vehicles to convey authorized staff and visiting partners;
- Drive vehicles on errands for project activities and assist in the execution of project activities in the execution in laboratory, screenhouse, glass house and on field;
- Carryout daily maintenance of project vehicle (cleaning and regular check-up);
- Ensure vehicle documents are up to date and comply with minimum security operating standards (MSOS);
- Report malfunction of the YIIFSWA vehicles under his care to the immediate supervisor;
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook including filling of the monthly balance sheet;
- Carryout office duties such as photocopying, sorting of documents etc;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
O’ Level with valid drivers’ licence with minimum of three (3) years’ related experience performing related role in an international organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to work with staff of different ethnic group and nationalities;
- Be computer literacy in using field tablets;
- Have good communication skill (fluency in writing, reading and spoken English).
- Be ready to work longer hours and weekends if needs be.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format no later than the deadline
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on jobs.iita.org to apply