Send this job to a friend
Did you notice an error or suspect this job is scam? Tell us.
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Maventeq Systems Limited is a 100% Nigerian owned company established in 2008. We offer an array of services and products to enable our clients achieve effectiveness and efficiency. Our focus areas include recruitment and manpower supply, information technology, procurement and supply and security.
Through our highly motivated staff and partners all over …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Rivers
- Job Field Oil and Gas / Energy
Category: Quayside Mariner
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Coordinate and supervise the quay side operations (loading/offloading of deck cargo and bulk cargo, tank cleaning, etc) and guarantee the operations are performed safely and efficiently, and meet the required specifications.
- Attend the Quayside Operations Weekly Meeting.
- Reporting all operational delays due to INTELS as well as equipment unavailability.
- Work toward company core values that include safety, security, health and environment.
- Must see to it that all critical lifts as defined by LMS shall not be lifted until approved by SLS through Logistic Superintendent.
- Liaise with Port Captain and arrange for the effective berthing and repositioning of inbound vessels.
- Supervised the activities of the junior mariners/RLM/QAQC.
- Organized and arrange for tank cleaning/bunkering operations.
- As the head of operations at night, every emergency situation must be taken care of by him and transmit same to the hierarchy.
- During night operations, will give instructions to vessels in case of swapping and repositioning for discharge/loading.
- On resumption, will obtain program/work schedule from Logistics Superintendent and share to members of the group.
- Proactively ensure that the third party trucks/ personnel are compliant to Total’s safety rule.
- Responsible for the enforcement of working instructions and rules at the quayside.
- Has a delegated authority for bunkering, heavy lift permit opening. All safety measures are checked and operation not commence until proper assessment is done.
- To ensure compliance at all times with COMPANY Lifting Management System (LMS).
- To optimize the use of dedicated lifting equipment (cranes, forklifts, trucks, lift modules, etc)
- To minimize the use of spot lifting equipment (cranes, forklifts, trucks, lift module, etc)
- To minimize trucks demurrage.
- Previous years of experience in similar role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only candidates who meets the job requirements will be contacted.
- Apply Now
- Anonymously review your previous or current employer Drop a review
Never miss a job with our real-time & personalized push notification
Subscribe to Job Alert
Join over 367K happy subscribers