Send this job to a friend
Did you notice an error or suspect this job is scam? Tell us.
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
We assist those in urgent need anywhere, anytime, no matter what the conditions, providing lifesaving health care and health care-related emergency services-often within hours.
As conditions ease, we work with local leaders to rebuild stronger. In non-emergency settings, our focus is development. Through our training programs, we pass essential skills int…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job ID: MDG/FIN/02
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position: Nigerian nationals only
- The Finance Manager oversees the day-to-day financial and administrative activities of one program or program site including human resources administration, finance administrative activities and reporting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation. The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Accounting and Finance Management:
- Assist the Finance Director with day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field offices are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures
- Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments
- Suggests formats for financial reporting to aid financial statement users to better understand the contents of the reports for decision-making and strategic planning purposes
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions of the country office (main and field offices) in order to monitor financial status of all project activities
- Assists with the management of the country finance department to meet the financial reporting requirements of in-country management and Headquarters; This function includes ensuring that all financial reports are submitted on or before the deadlines set and contain relevant information for all the users of the financial reports
- Manages the monthly financial closing including accounts payables and accounts receivables of the mission under supervision of the Finance Director
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports for external purposes in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements
- Maintains the system of accounts ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported
- Oversee training of finance staff and provide technical support to country program and logistics
- Assist and or prepare budgets
- Present & facilitate review of actual to budget expenditures with Country Director and program managers
- Provide recommendations for budget realignments as required
- Ensure compliance with internal and donor regulations and procedures; establishing finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation
Training/ Capacity Building:
- Train fellow staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability of programs
- Advocate and plan for professional development of staff
- Maintain frequent communication with Finance Director to ensure finance activities and objectives are communicated
- Work with program and logistics staff to ensure the coordination of programs are within budgeted targets
- Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to finance activities
- Interface with national government and relevant statutory agencies to ensure compliance with varying government regulations when necessary
- Serve as a liaison with donors on matters related to the program to ensure financial and programmatic accountability to donors
- Participate in donor meetings and communicate relevant information to Finance Director and Country Director when called upon to do so
- Assist in activities to ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the NGO community
- Participate in the production of reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information provided, as well ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- Facilitates emergency and non-emergency security expenditures
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- A university degree in Accounting or Business Administration. Professional certifications such as a fully qualified/almost qualified member of ICAN or other qualification recognized by IFAC is an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in administration and financial management in the humanitarian sector, including extensive experience in the financial management aspect of international donor agencies.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, preferably Costpoint
- Experience in working within a large departmental team.
- Ability to carry-out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support from within the organization.
- Knowledge of varied donor financial regulations.
- Experience in enforcing the compliance of internal control procedures and policies relating to different departments and activities.
- Proven leadership qualities required.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Can function effectively in a loosely structured work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and manage work load effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in participatory manner with staff to assess needs, implement and monitor activities.
- Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural team.
- Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas.
- Some record of experience with donor (especially: USAID, OFDA, ECHO, DFID, BPRM, UN-Agencies) specific procedures.
- Ability to work in harsh conditions, often in remote areas.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Fluent English written and oral.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to the “Country Director, International Medical Corps” via the email: [email protected]
- We are an equal opportunity organization So Borno State Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- Candidates MUST state the position, location and Job ID — they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Apply Now
- Anonymously review your previous or current employer Drop a review
Subscribe to Job Alert
Join over 367K happy subscribers