MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- System administration of packet core nodes: SGSN-MME, MPG, DNS Servers (Internet, Internal and External) and SAPC
- Provide Support to Ericsson Emergency team in troubleshooting/recovering a major failure on the Network
- Preparing various reports on packet core nodes (Node statistics, Busy hour and 24hr Throughput, Daily outage report, Weekly report, Monthly report, Events report) as required for presentation to the customer.
- Daily routing health checks on SGSN-MME, MPG, DNS Servers (Internet, Internal and External) and SAPC.
- Open Customer Service Request (CSR) and assist Support in CSR troubleshooting
- Provide support to Ericsson Project team during PCN Node updates and upgrades
- Preparing signaling traces of GPRS interfaces (Gb//Gn//Gi/Gx/Gom, S11, S1-MME, SGS. etc.) for troubleshooting and analysis.
- Troubleshoot KPI degradation across SGSNs/MMEs using Events Based Monitoring (EBM) analysis, Mobility log, Session logs
- Ensure KPIs are within target on all Packet Core Nodes in the network
- Attend meetings with customer to deliberate on key pressing issues and proffer solution
- Provide prompt feedback to customer on their enquiries
- Analyze Customers problems using signaling traces of GPRS interfaces (Gb//Gn//Gi/Gx/Gom, S11, S1-MME, SGS. etc.) for troubleshooting and analysis
- Education: University Degree in Electronic Engineering
- Experience At least 5 years of previous experience on Telecommunication area.
- Deep knowledge on network administration and operation (SGSN/GGSN/DNS/FW/GPRS Platforms).
- Knowledge on TCP/IP, Switching & Routing, Networking, LAN & WAN.
- Very good Computer and MS office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, AutoCAD).
- Experience in working/configuring Network Devices (Cisco switch, routers etc)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.