Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience None
- Location Niger
- Job Field Pharmaceutical
Location: Kainji, Niger Ref No: PK0001
Location: Jebba, Niger Job Code: PJ0001
- Reporting to the Head of Unit Pharmacy, the Pharmacist will be determining which form of medication best suits each patient. Each decision must be made in a timely and efficient manner and requires significant input from doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- The goal for this role is to ensure effective medication use and become the people’s trusted ally against health issues. The Pharmacists must also be able to provide professional advice on cosmetics or parapharmaceuticals.
- The incumbent will often monitor the effects of the medications they prescribe and counsel their patients on the effects of the drugs. Another aspect of this role is to recommend administration routes and dosages, all of which are dependent on an individual’s needs.
- The Incumbent is expected to provide advice and information on drug dosage, side effects and proper storage. Prepares medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders and detecting therapeutic incompatibilities. Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals. Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients
- Review prescriptions from doctors to ensure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability for the patient
- Provide information and advice about drugs, their side effects, correct dosage, and proper storage
- Keep records such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files, inventories, registries of poisons, narcotics or controlled drugs
- Plan, implement, or maintain procedures for mixing, packaging, or labelling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality, security and proper disposal
- Assess the identity, strength, or purity of medications
- Work with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, or evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly
- Analyse prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Supervises the work results of technicians and assistants.
- Provide professional advice on cosmetics or parapharmaceuticals.
- Organize the pharmacy in an efficient manner to make the identification of products easier and faster.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs and training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief Pharmacist.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Proven work experience as a Hospital Administration Manager, Medical Office Manager or similar role
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to emergency situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.
- Passionate about clinical excellence.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital industry
- Hands-on experience with database systems and MS Excel
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow clinical processes, laboratory supplies and equipment, and billing and hospital information systems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.