Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Niger
- Job Field Pharmaceutical
Location: Jebba, Niger
- Reporting to temporarily to the Head of Unit Physiotherapy, the incumbent is to assist the therapists and support the therapy service by carrying out delegated duties.
- The incumbent will assist in the development of treatment plans, carry out routine functions, document the progress of treatment, and modify specific treatments in accordance with patient status and within the scope of treatment plans established by a Physiotherapist.
- The Incumbent is responsible to treat own designated workload of patients and maintain associated patient records utilizing knowledge and skills gained through experience and/ or relevant qualifications.
- The physiotherapist technician ensures a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and staff to carry out physical activity. To assist in maintaining services and contribute to the development of services.
- To observe, monitor and record patient activity and health status as appropriate, communicating appropriately any change in condition to qualified therapists and other relevant team members.
- To use standardised assessment tools / outcome measures to assess and monitor delegated patients within post holder scope of practice.
- Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques.
- Involve parents and carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients.
- Educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions.
- To demonstrate physical ability to carry out therapeutic interventions including manual therapy techniques and therapeutic handling.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as GPs, occupational therapists and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention.
- Keeping up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients.
- Supervise student and junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy support workers.
- To be legally responsible and accountable.
- To act in a caring, compassionate and professional at all times.
- Observe patients during treatments to compile and evaluate data on patients’ responses and progress, and report to physical therapist.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy with other relevant certifications
- Good Team Player
- 3+ years proven experience as a Physiotherapist
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes, laboratory supplies and equipment, and billing and laboratory information systems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.