Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Niger
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Location: Kainji, Niger State Ref No: RTK00001
Location: Jebba, Niger State Ref No: RTJ00001
- Reporting to the head of Unit Radiology, You will be responsible for explaining procedures to patients, positioning patients and equipment, performing examinations, developing film, maintaining and operating specialized radiologic equipment. The incumbent will use medical imaging equipment to produce images of tissues, organs, bones, and vessels and, with advanced training, assisting in the administration of radiation therapy treatments.
- The Radiology Technician will be responsible for ensuring patients’ safety by covering any areas not being imaged to prevent unnecessary exposure to radiation. As a Radiography Technician, you’ll examine various types of images, including x-rays, computer tomography (CT) scans, mammograms, ultrasounds, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. You will operate the machinery used to collect these images.
- Completing the patients’ intake process, taking patients’ histories, and preparing and educating patients about the imaging procedure.
- Reviewing patients’ charts and Doctors’ notes before the examination, and maintaining patients’ records during and after procedures.
- Preparing radiopharmaceuticals for contrast in the diagnostic images.
- Positioning patients and equipment to capture the correct area and produce clear images.
- Monitoring patients and ensuring their safety during imaging procedures.
- Calibrating the equipment to ensure clear, usable images are taken of the correct area, as specified by the Doctor.
- Logging and organizing image results, developing film, assisting with the interpretation of the radiograph results, and consulting with Radiologists to determine if other images need to be taken.
- Ensuring the proper sterilization and storage of the equipment, maintaining radiographic equipment, and reporting any equipment failures.
- Coordinating with the radiology department to schedule and complete radiographic procedures.
- Using sound waves to obtain images of organs and tissues in the body
- Administering trace amounts of radiopharmaceuticals to a patient to obtain functional information about organs, tissues and bone.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of current radiology practices.
- Bachelor of Science in Radiography or Radiography Technology
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and patient service skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate and understand radiographic technology and equipment.
- The physical stamina to stand for long periods and operate heavy machinery without assistance.
- The flexibility to work shifts, weekends, nights, and holidays
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes, laboratory supplies and equipment, and billing and laboratory information systems.
- Employee will be required to do heavy lifting of 22kg and more, as well as standing for long periods of time
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.