Send this job to a friend
Did you notice an error or suspect this job is scam? Tell us.
Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Representing upstream in exploration, offshore and onshore production, as well as downstream in refining and petrochemicals, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is dedicated to addressing the emerging human, technological and environmental challenges involved in maintaining and operating new oil and gas fields.
Our success is built on over 40 years of rich histor…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: AKPO FPSO, Nigeria
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 2 years +
Employee Status: Employee
- We are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Technician to join one of it key project.
- Project: AKPO FPSO
- You will report directly to the respective Discipline Supervisor.
- Organises and performs on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
- With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that all maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in strict compliance with company operating procedures and any relevant statutory legislation in order to maintain all such equipment in sound and safe operating condition.
- Manages intervention reporting using the CMIMS,
- Enters intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors the functioning of systems placed under his responsibility,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams, and actively participates in this himself,
- Manages the team of technicians directly under his responsibility,
- Carries out, at the CSR request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation status is resumed.
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements,
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements,
- Warns support teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts,
- Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
- Ensures adequate risk assessments and pre-work meetings for all activities and that all technicians directly under his responsibility contribute and comply with the risk assessments and pre-work meetings.
- Ensures adequate PPE and procedures are provided or generated for the tasks to be actioned.
- Actions numerous site checks to ensure safe working practices.
- Verifies the quality of his teams’ interventions by frequent on-site checks, and reviews all completed worksites to ensure technical correctness and site cleanliness prior to hand-back of plant to Production team.
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures.
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Higher National Certificate (HNC (A-levels + 3 years’ study) or BTS/DUT or equivalent,
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations,
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- The Ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams,
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others,
- Physically ability to work on offshore installations in the climatic conditions of the site,
- Languages: English necessary (score of >> 3.5 in standard Total test or Bright test or 780 in TOEIC), French an advantage.
- He must have proven ability as a leader of small teams.
- Perfectly competent and independent in his field, he must show common sense and organisational ability.
- Natural authority, founded on his abilities and on the trust he has in his teams, is essential.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 6 years or more
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
Method of Application
- Anonymously review your previous or current employer Drop a review
Subscribe to Job Alert
Join over 367K happy subscribers