Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Secondary School (SSCE)
- Location Niger
- Job Field Driving
Location: Jebba, Niger Code: #TJ00001
Location: Kainji, Niger Code: #TK00001
- Reporting to temporarily to the Head of Transport, the Transport Officer will be responsible for conveying man materials and equipment from the Hospital to the desired destination.
- The Transport Officer will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization, this includes managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements.
- The incumbent is required to document all vehicle movement in the specified log book allocated. The transport officer is to ensure that the official vehicle is well maintained and ready for use at all times, and make sure all observations on vehicles are reported and documented.
- Complete a mechanical checklist prior to each shift to ensure the official vehicle or ambulance is in working order and ready to transport patients or staff to and from required locations, and report any mechanical issues to appropriate service personnel.
- Ensure official vehicle ambulance is clean and stocked properly with first aid and medical supplies prior to each shift and between patient transports throughout the day
- Accept patient and staff transport assignments daily and drive ambulance with any necessary medical personnel to patient location
- Complete appropriate trip sheets or log books as required by employer to record officially each transport.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Pick up clients or patients from the place and at the time they’ve requested.
- Collect payments and issue receipts.
- Keep documents current such as registration, insurance, vehicle logs, daily inspection reports, etc
- Mechanical experience
- Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
- Answer clients’ questions about the area and local places of interest
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues
- Wash the vehicle to maintain interior and exterior cleanliness of the car.
- Good Team Player
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Proven ability to manage personnel, delegate and follow-up; must be able to “multi-task”
- Experience managing inventories (e.g., asset and spare part stock management)
- Recognized ability to work as part of a team
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes, laboratory supplies and equipment, and billing and laboratory information systems.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using Position Title and Code as the subject of their email application.