Here’s good news for all applicants. The NDA recruitments application Form for the 2021/2022 academic session is now out! Please note that the JAMB cut-off mark for NDA 2021 is 210 for Engineering and 180 for other courses. Application cost is N3,500.
So, let’s get into the course requirements to apply for the NDA in 2021.
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and Website.
All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are contained in the NDA website/applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants.
To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
- At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2020). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.58 metres for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor.
- Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
Candidates awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of the examination will be accepted.
- Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, but Nigerian Airforce does not accept female candidates for now.
How To Apply for NDA Recruitments 2021 Application
Candidates should log on to the application portal which is www.nda.edu.ng or applications.nda.edu.ng. The application fee is N3,500.00 only.
Please NOTE that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Steps to Apply for Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) 2021
Step #1: Create an Account
Your first step to applying to the Nigerian Defence Academy is to create an account.
Click here to create an account. If you already have an account, click to log in to the portal. Your account will enable you to purchase a form and also complete your application over several sessions. You will access your secure application in subsequent sessions by signing in under “Login” or “Application Status”. If you have started an application previously, you can always log in to continue. The system will prompt you on how to complete the application. Once satisfied with the application, click on the submit button.
Step #2: Purchase form
Applicants can pay for their applications online via the portal or via REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) at any Nigerian bank of choice. Ensure you have completed the previous step which is “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” to proceed.
To pay Online, Login to the application portal, choose ‘Pay Online’.
To pay via at any Nigerian bank of choice, login to the application portal, choose ‘Pay at Branch’
The application will guide you through the rest of the straightforward payment process.
Step #3: Upload document
The online upload of required application documents is necessary, it is therefore advised that you please come along with the originals of these uploaded documents for sighting during your interview. Your application information is maintained on a secure server and remains confidential prior to submission. Use the Support link to get help or assistance during the completion and submission process.
Kindly note that your application is not complete until all copies of your Credentials have been uploaded and submitted along with your application.
Step #4: Review
Your application will be reviewed online by the appropriate admission officials once submitted to Nigerian Defence Academy Online. All required application procedures must be completed on or before the appropriate application deadline.
Check the status of your application by logging into this system with the login details assigned to you for the application.
Note: that only candidates who passed the JAMB cut-off mark will be allowed to participate in the NDA Entrance examination.
Note: The application form for the NDA 2020/2021 recruitment intake of new candidates is not yet. This page will be updated with the form once it is out.