The Nigerian Navy, a division of the Nigerian Armed Forces, have started their recruitment for 2020.
This is good news for those interested in joining the force. In this article, you will be provided with all relevant and updated information on the recruitment process of the Nigerian Navy in 2020.
We’ll walk you through how to apply for the Nigeria navy recruitment form application, and how to complete the registration on their official portal.
You will also be provided with the basic requirements and qualifications you must have in order to qualify to apply as a Naval Officer.
Are some questions frequently asked that we’ll provide answers to in this article:
- How do I apply for the Nigerian Navy in 2020?
- Is the application form for 2020 out?
- What are the requirements for the Nigerian Navy recruitment in 2020?
- What is the official portal for applying?
- When is the deadline for the application?
Now let’s see the accurate requirements needed to join the Nigerian Navy in 2020.
Basic Requirements To Complete Nigerian Navy Recruitment Form 2020
- All interested applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 or 18 – 26 years which is for those with ND, NCE, Nurses and Motor Transport Department (MTD) respectively.
- All interested applicants must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be a Nigerian citizen
- Male applicants must not be shorter than 1.68 metres while the female applications must not be shorter than 1.65 metres.
- All interested applicants must be single
- All interested applicants must not have gone for orthopaedic surgery
- Must not have been convicted by a court of law for a criminal offence in the past
- Must not be pregnant
- Must be able to present original copies of certificates
Is the application form for 2020 out?
The application form for the Nigerian Navy is currently out in December 2020.
How To Apply For the Nigerian Navy Recruitment Form 2020
To apply for the Nigerian Navy, you have to log on to their official portal www.joinnigeriannavy.com which is where you will register your details.
- When the portal comes up, study the information on the screen very carefully
- You will be asked to create an account using a valid email address. You will also be required to verify the email address.
- To access the Nigerian Navy recruitment form, you will have to log in to the portal with the same email.
- Correctly fill in your bio-data and also upload all scanned copies of your documents
- Submit your application
- Then print out the following documents: Parent/Guardian Consent Form, Local Government Attestation Form, Police Certification Form, and Guarantor Form.
The Deadline for the Application
The deadline for the Nigerian Navy recruitment process in 2020 is not yet specified. However, it is advisable that you start your application very early.
After applying, you will be called for an aptitude test. After the test, all shortlisted applicants will be made to undergo a compulsory interview which will take place at the Nigerian Navy Secondary School Ojo (Navy Town), Lagos.
You can also apply for the:
Other Latest Vacancies at Federal Government Agencies
Details of the Nigerian Navy Compulsory Screening
During the screening, the shortlisted candidates must present their credentials or certificates for further careful screening.
The next step is the medical test and an exam. This has been split into different stages. Therefore, be patient during this procedure.
There are some necessary items you should go with on the day of screening. They are:
- Original and photocopies of your credentials
- Originals and photocopies of valid drivers’ license (This is for the Category H only)
- Writing materials
- Two pairs of navy blue shorts and two white unmarked T-shirts
- A pair of canvas/trainer and stockings
- Bedsheets and pillowcases
- Set of cutlery
- Four recent 30X30 passport sized photographs on white background.
Note: There are some conditions for disqualification from the recruitment process of the Nigerian Navy.
These conditions are:
- False information provided in your credentials
- Inaccurate medical information
- Failure to attend the screening will also lead to automatic disqualification
All other relevant updates regarding the Nigerian Navy recruitment exercise will be shared on this page.